The University Mental Health Day 2020 is on Thursday 5th March.
University Mental Health Day brings together the university community to make mental health a university-wide priority and create ongoing year round change to the future of student mental health. Join us on Thursday 5th March 2020 as we inspire conversations, take action and create change! We will be offering workshops, taster sessions, games, music, arts and crafts, healthy food sampling and more across Mile End campus, for both staff and students (unless otherwise specified).
There will be a fair with a number of exciting stalls and free activities in the People's Palace Foyer from 11:00 – 14:00 for you to interact with, relax and get involved.
A list of just some of the stalls and activities on offer in the People's Palace Foyer:
- Chinese Tea – come and have a conversation over a cup of Chinese tea and learn about its history and how to make it.
- Get Active will be in the People's Palace where you can try out Cornhole and find out more about their sports programme.
- Look for the student String Quartet who will be playing in the People's Palace on the day.
- Have fun and play some games - why do not you come and have a try at the giant jenga, connect four and checkers?
- Download your copy of the Queen Mary Wellness Trail and take it on.
- Wellbeing plant workshops - to promote Mental Health and Wellbeing you will pot you plant and then be invited to creatively decorate your pots to takeaway. The workshops (30mins each) are at 12pm, 12:30pm and 1pm on a first come, first served basis with 10 places for each workshop.
- We will create our own Big White Wall at the Student Life stall where students and staff can continue to share messages of hope and support.
- Create your very own flower crown with Louisa by using a range of fresh flowers and foliage. - Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Find out more about the support services available to you at Queen Mary and in the local community. Come to our stalls and talk to us in the People's Palace Foyer from 11:00-14:00:
- Advice and Counselling Service
- Disability and Dyslexia Service
- Employee Wellbeing and Support/Occupational Health Service
- Get Active
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England at Queen Mary
- Mind Tower Hamlet
- Quit Right TH
- Residential Support Services
- Student Health Service
- Student Life
Workshops and taster sessions:
- I’m gonna sing workshop, 12:30-13:00 in the Main Music Room on the 2nd floor of the People’s Palace (Mile End)
- Try an Instrument drop-in session between 13:00-14:30 in the Main Music Room on the 2nd floor of the People’s Palace (Mile End). You could drop in at any time and booking is not required for this session
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (for all up to and including the age of 25), 13:00-14:00 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
- Yoga, 13:30-14:30 in Qmotion Mind and Body studio (Mile End)
- Chinese Painting Class, 14:30-15:30 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
- Spoken Word Poetry Workshop, 14:30-15:30 in Mile End Library Meeting Room 3 on the second floor (Mile End)
- Paper Cutting, 16:30-17:30 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
All the workshops and taster sessions are free but need to be booked in advance (unless otherwise specified) as places are limited.
Other activities around Mile End campus:
- Book display - Mile End Library and Whitechapel Library will feature a book display of interesting reading about Mental Health topics. The book display will be on the ground floor at Mile End Library close to the main entrance and in the display area in Whitechapel Library.
- Go screen free in the afternoon from 2pm in the Chaplaincy Sitting Room.
- Join the Residential Support Team at the Residences Reception for a tea & a chat from 10:00 - 14:00.
- There will be a special lunch menu in the Deli Bar in the Curve from 11:00 - 14:30 and a free healthy food sampling in Mucci's from 11:30 - 14:00.
Join us, look at what is happening and take advantage of the activities/events on offer.
Contact us: email@example.com
Follow us: @QMStudenthealth