The University Mental Health Day 2019 is on Thursday 7th March.
This year’s University Mental Health Day is all about the power of using your voice. We all have mental health, we all have stories to share and we can all use our voices to shape the future of student and staff mental health. Join us on Thursday 7th of March 2019 as we inspire conversations, take action and create change! We will be offering workshops, taster sessions, games, music, a photo booth, arts and crafts and more across Mile End campus, for both staff and students (unless otherwise specified).
There will be a number of exciting stalls and free activities in the Octagon from 11:00 – 14:00 for you to interact with, relax and get involved.
A list of just some of the stalls and activities on offer in the Octagon:
- Photo Booth – use your voice and capture your enduring Mental Health message by taking a photo with it
- Woodwork, Art and Crafts sessions to promote Mental Health and Wellbeing via creative expression
- Conversation Booth - come and listen to the recordings from the World Mental Health Day (10th October 2018) at Queen Mary about "What does mental health mean to you as a student?"
- Pick up your copy of the Queen Mary Wellness Trail and take it on
- Chatter Box - we want to know and record your thoughts on mental health and how Queen Mary can support you further. Use your voice and come and have a chat in the Octagon or the Mile End Library (ground floor)
- Expressions with Art – use your voice and share your mental health experiences by exploring your creativity and unlocking your artistic potential through painting and drawing
- Get Active will be in the Octagon where you can try out badminton and find out more about their sports programme
- Look for the student String Quartet who will be playing in the Octagon on the day
Find out more about the support services available to you at Queen Mary and in the local community. Come to our stalls and talk to us in the Octagon from 11am-2pm:
- Advice and Counselling Service
- Disability and Dyslexia Service
- Employee Wellbeing and Support/Occupational Health
- Get Active
- Inspire Wellbeing
- Mental Health First Aid
- Occupational Health Service
- RESET Drug and Alcohol Service
- Residential Support Services
- Student Health Service
- Student Life
Workshops and taster sessions:
- Mindful Café, 11:00-12:00 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End) - Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (for all up to and including the age of 25), 12:00-13:00 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
- Thai Boxing Fighters Academy Class, 12:00-13:00 in Qmotion Active studio (Mile End)
- Introduction to Mindfulness (for all up to and including the age of 25), 13:00-14:00 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
- Creative Recovery, 13:00-13:45 in Mile End Library Learning and Development Room 2 on the first floor (Mile End)
- I’m gonna sing workshop, 13:30-14:00 in the Main Music Room on the 2nd floor of the People’s Palace (Mile End)
- Try an Instrument drop-in session between 14:00-15:30 in the Main Music Room on the 2nd floor of the People’s Palace (Mile End). You could drop in at any time and booking is not required for this session
- Paper Cutting, 15:00-17:00 in Mile End Library Seminar Room on the ground floor (Mile End)
- Chinese Calligraphy Class, 18:00-20:00 in Bancroft 3.15 (Mile End)
All the workshops and taster sessions are free but need to be booked in advance (unless otherwise specified) as places are limited.
Other activities around Mile End campus:
- Go screen free in the afternoon from 2pm in the Chaplaincy Sitting Room or create some mindful art in the Chaplaincy Yurt from 2pm-4pm in St. Benet’s Chaplaincy
- Book display - Mile End Library will feature a book display of interesting reading about Mental Health topics. The book display will be on the ground floor close to the main entrance
Join us, look at what is happening and take advantage of the activities/events on offer.
Contact us: email@example.com
Follow us: @QMStudenthealth